Older Anime Fans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An anime/manga forum for older fans!

D.Gray-man

lmm72

D.Gray-man Empty D.Gray-man

Post  lmm72 Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:44 am

This is one of the animes that I've watched recently...Here is some info about D.Gray-man on wiki:

D.Gray-man (ディーグレイマン Dī Gureiman?) is an ongoing Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Katsura Hoshino. The series tells the story of a boy named Allen Walker who is able to use an ancient substance called Innocence, and becomes an exorcist in order to collect all the Innocence that is lost in the world alongside other exorcists and to defeat the Millennium Earl who possesses an army of akuma. Many characters and their designs were adapted from some of Katsura Hoshino's previous works and drafts, such as Zone, and Continue, and her assistants.
    The manga was first serialized in 2004 in Weekly Shōnen Jump magazine, published by Shueisha under their Jump Comics imprint and currently sixteen volumes have been released. There is also a novel series called Reverse, authored by Kaya Kizaki, that tells the characters' backgrounds. As of February 3, 2009, Viz Media has released the first twelve volumes in the United States. The manga has also been adapted to an anime series that aired from October 3, 2006 to September 30, 2008 in Japan for 103 episodes. Novels and video games of the series have also been released by several companies.
    The manga series has become one of the best-sellers of Shueisha. During its second release week, the volume fifteen of the manga ranked as the second best seller comic in Japan. Most reviewers compared it to a typical shōnen manga but praised that at some moments it became more original as well some of the characters have solid personalities.

Didn't post all wiki stuff because I don't wanna be the spoiler...Razz
    Here is one song that's stuck in my head these days:

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:40 am